Welcome to the Chelsea Senior Center
Have a cup of coffee and see what’s happening at the Senior Center. Then perhaps you’ll stay for one of our fun and interesting activities. Check the calendar to see more. Lunch is available each week day. As meals are made to order, please call the Senior Center at 734.475.9242 at least one day in advance to register.
News to Note
- Chelsea Senior Center chosen as finalist in AAACF’s Vital Seniors Competition!
- During June and July there will be extensive construction work on our campus to repair driveways, parking lots and the football stadium. What does this mean for you?
- park and access the senior center from the football lot off of Freer Road
- the small, circular parking lot in front of the senior center will be closed June 19 through July 31
- the sidewalk in front of the senior center will have restricted access during this time
- please be patient as this important work will improve our campus
- For additional news, updates, and pictures follow us on Facebook!
Looking for Volunteer Opportunities?
If you are interested in volunteering at the Chelsea Senior Center, we have many opportunities available. Whether it be working in the office at the front desk, staffing events, providing senior services, or helping with home delivered meals either in the kitchen or delivering meals; we have a spot for you. To learn more, check our Volunteer Opportunities page.
The Chelsea Senior Center is CLOSED if Chelsea School District is closed due to BAD WEATHER. Call 734.475.9242 for confirmation.
The Chelsea Senior Center will be closed on the following dates in 2018:*
Monday, January 1, New Year’s Day
Monday, May 28, Memorial Day
Wednesday, July 4, Independence Day
Monday, September 3, Labor Day
Thursday & Friday, November 22-23, Thanksgiving
*subject to change
A Thriving You
All of our programs are designed with you in mind and are offered to help you thrive. We want to take care of the whole you, inside and out; mind, body, and spirit. Below are just a few of the programs available.
See our calendar or call the Center at 734.475.9242 for details.
- Line dancing
- Ballroom Dancing
- Senior Yoga
- Chair Yoga
- Senior Exercise
- Tai Chi for Mobility and Strength
- Stretch & Strengthen Adaptive Movement
- Wii Bowling
- Open Artists Studio
- Wood carving
- Computer Club
- Weekly Tech Support
- Wellness checks: blood pressure and eyeglass checks
- many more too!
Chelsea Senior Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and well being of area seniors and their families. The Center offers adults 50 years of age and older a one-stop place for health, fun, and information as well as a social setting for enjoying lifelong hobbies and exploring new interests.
Why not take out a membership receive our newsletter, and join the fun? We are proud to be a part of this community and we would be honored to have you join us!