Welcome to the Chelsea Senior Center
The Senior Center is closed due to the pandemic. We will re-open with programs and fitness activities when our region moves to Phase 5 of the Michigan Safe Start plan. See below for more information about limited opportunities at the Center starting the week of August 10.
News to Note
1. Reopening the Chelsea Senior Center for programs and activities:
- Valued CSC Members –These are indeed trying times. While the doors here at CSC have been closed since March, we have been working hard to provide as many resources and services as we can. We know that nothing can replace the mental and physical wellness that comes with interacting alongside your many friends at CSC. We have been working diligently to prepare things here for a reopening that will provide you with a safe and secure environment.We had hoped that we could reopen in mid-August, however current mandates prohibit us from holding group exercise classes and pickleball. Requirements also limit attendance at any of our events to 10 people or less. We have debated long and hard about how we can open in the current environment and balance your vital need for physical and social activities against the real chance of one or more of you contracting the coronavirus. Our Health Committee, which is made up of members who are retired health professionals, has provided their input as well. In the end, we simply cannot justify reopening the doors at Chelsea Senior Center for group activities until we move to Phase 5 of the Michigan Safe Start plan. However, we are working to offer alternative activities.We greatly appreciate your patience – please know that we understand your strong desire to resume an active life here. In the coming weeks we will expand the on-line activities available and we will also be providing you with details on the many physical and social activities you can take advantage of outdoors – including some we have in the works for just outside here at CSC. We will also be reintroducing one on one health services here – details are in this newsletter. Together we will get through all this and we look forward to getting back to a full schedule once these trying times have passed. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if you have any concerns or questions. Thank you and be well. —Bill O’Reilly, CSC Executive Director and Gary Munce, CSC Board President
2. The Center will be open for limited activities starting August 10. See the calendar below. Call 734.475.9242 to register.
3. The office will be open from 9 am to noon each week day. In addition, between noon and 3 pm, staff will be on hand to answer the phones.
4. Check out the Helpful Resources tab for our exercise video and other fun activities.
For additional news, updates, and pictures follow us on Facebook!
The Chelsea Senior Center is CLOSED if Chelsea School District schools are closed due to BAD WEATHER. Call 734.475.9242 for confirmation.
The Chelsea Senior Center will be closed on the following dates in 2020:*
Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day
Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Monday, September 7 for Labor Day
Thursday, Friday, November 26 & 27 for Thanksgiving
Friday, December 24 & 25 for Christmas
*subject to change
Looking for Volunteer Opportunities?
If you are interested in volunteering at the Chelsea Senior Center, we have many opportunities available. Whether it be working in the office at the front desk, staffing events, providing senior services, or helping with home delivered meals either in the kitchen or delivering meals; we have a spot for you. To learn more, check our Volunteer Opportunities page.
A Thriving You
All of our programs are designed with you in mind and are offered to help you thrive. We want to take care of the whole you, inside and out; mind, body, and spirit. Below are just a few of the programs available.
See our calendar or call the Center at 734.475.9242 for details.
- Pickleball 5 days a week
- Line dancing
- Drums Alive cardio drumming
- Ballroom Dancing
- Jam session
- Senior Yoga
- Senior Exercise 5 days a week
- Stretch & Strengthen Adaptive Movement
- Tai Chi
- Tae Kwon Do
- Wii Bowling
- Open Artists Studio
- Wood carving
- Tech Talk
- Weekly Tech Support
- Wellness checks: blood pressure and eyeglass checks
- many more too!
Chelsea Senior Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and well being of area seniors and their families. The Center offers adults 50 years of age and older a one-stop place for health, fun, and information as well as a social setting for enjoying lifelong hobbies and exploring new interests.
Why not take out a membership, receive our newsletter, and join the fun? We are proud to be a part of this community and we would be honored to have you join us!