Welcome to the Chelsea Senior Center
Have a cup of coffee and see what’s happening at the Senior Center. Then perhaps you’ll stay for one of our fun and interesting activities. Check the calendar to see more. Lunch is available each week day.
News to Note
The Senior Center is closed. Please see below for additional information.
1. Reopening the Chelsea Senior Center for programs and activities:
- As many of you are aware, restrictions are starting to be lifted in Michigan. While we very much look forward to welcoming you back as soon as we can, we have to be sure the environment here is safe for all. You should have received a mini June newsletter in the mail with an overview of some of the steps we anticipate taking to ensure your safety here when we do reopen. In a few weeks we will be mailing out another piece with more specifics and we hope to share then more details of when we anticipate reopening the doors. Please know though that we will start with a “soft” reopening where not all activities will resume immediately but we will ramp-up the activities as we safely can. Beyond the safety concerns, the two main parking lots here are about to have major reconstruction work as a result of the school district’s bond. This means that we do not anticipate the parking lots being available until early to mid-August so for now that is the time period we are focusing on for the reopening. We’ll all get there together!
2. The Chelsea Senior Center offices are open with limited staff Monday-Thursday, from 9 am to 3 pm, and closed Fridays through July 3. Please contact us via phone or e-mail for needed services. The building is closed to visitors.
3. Chelsea EXPO is cancelled for 2020. Pencil in April 10, 2021!
4. Please know that we are delivering meals on wheels Mondays and Thursdays each week.
5. Check out the Helpful Resources tab for our exercise video and other fun activities.
For additional news, updates, and pictures follow us on Facebook!
The Chelsea Senior Center is CLOSED if Chelsea School District schools are closed due to BAD WEATHER. Call 734.475.9242 for confirmation.
The Chelsea Senior Center will be closed on the following dates in 2020:*
Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day
Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Monday, September 7 for Labor Day
Thursday, Friday, November 26 & 27 for Thanksgiving
Friday, December 24 & 25 for Christmas
*subject to change
Looking for Volunteer Opportunities?
If you are interested in volunteering at the Chelsea Senior Center, we have many opportunities available. Whether it be working in the office at the front desk, staffing events, providing senior services, or helping with home delivered meals either in the kitchen or delivering meals; we have a spot for you. To learn more, check our Volunteer Opportunities page.
A Thriving You
All of our programs are designed with you in mind and are offered to help you thrive. We want to take care of the whole you, inside and out; mind, body, and spirit. Below are just a few of the programs available.
See our calendar or call the Center at 734.475.9242 for details.
- Pickleball 5 days a week
- Line dancing
- Drums Alive cardio drumming
- Ballroom Dancing
- Jam session
- Senior Yoga
- Senior Exercise 5 days a week
- Stretch & Strengthen Adaptive Movement
- Tai Chi
- Tae Kwon Do
- Wii Bowling
- Open Artists Studio
- Wood carving
- Tech Talk
- Weekly Tech Support
- Wellness checks: blood pressure and eyeglass checks
- many more too!
Chelsea Senior Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and well being of area seniors and their families. The Center offers adults 50 years of age and older a one-stop place for health, fun, and information as well as a social setting for enjoying lifelong hobbies and exploring new interests.
Why not take out a membership, receive our newsletter, and join the fun? We are proud to be a part of this community and we would be honored to have you join us!