Welcome to the Chelsea Senior Center
Have a cup of coffee and see what’s happening at the Senior Center. Then perhaps you’ll stay for one of our fun and interesting activities. Check the calendar to see more. Lunch is available each week day.
News to Note
1. While the Chelsea Senior Center offices remain open, we are required to be closed to visitors for the foreseeable future due to the Coronavirus situation. Please contact us via phone or e-mail for needed services.
2. Please know that we are delivering meals on wheels Mondays and Thursdays each week.
3. Check out the Helpful Resources tab for our exercise video and other fun activities.
For additional news, updates, and pictures follow us on Facebook!
The Chelsea Senior Center is CLOSED if Chelsea School District schools are closed due to BAD WEATHER. Call 734.475.9242 for confirmation.
The Chelsea Senior Center will be closed on the following dates in 2020:*
Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day
Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Monday, September 7 for Labor Day
Thursday, Friday, November 26 & 27 for Thanksgiving
Friday, December 24 & 25 for Christmas
*subject to change
Looking for Volunteer Opportunities?
If you are interested in volunteering at the Chelsea Senior Center, we have many opportunities available. Whether it be working in the office at the front desk, staffing events, providing senior services, or helping with home delivered meals either in the kitchen or delivering meals; we have a spot for you. To learn more, check our Volunteer Opportunities page.
A Thriving You
All of our programs are designed with you in mind and are offered to help you thrive. We want to take care of the whole you, inside and out; mind, body, and spirit. Below are just a few of the programs available.
See our calendar or call the Center at 734.475.9242 for details.
- Pickleball 5 days a week
- Line dancing
- Drums Alive cardio drumming
- Ballroom Dancing
- Jam session
- Senior Yoga
- Senior Exercise 5 days a week
- Stretch & Strengthen Adaptive Movement
- Tai Chi
- Tae Kwon Do
- Wii Bowling
- Open Artists Studio
- Wood carving
- Tech Talk
- Weekly Tech Support
- Wellness checks: blood pressure and eyeglass checks
- many more too!
Chelsea Senior Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and well being of area seniors and their families. The Center offers adults 50 years of age and older a one-stop place for health, fun, and information as well as a social setting for enjoying lifelong hobbies and exploring new interests.
Why not take out a membership, receive our newsletter, and join the fun? We are proud to be a part of this community and we would be honored to have you join us!